BCS 2020 Tell me where I'm going...

     Weeks go by and we are still not far-off from where we were a couple months ago.  The problems of the world weighs heavy on everybody's shoulders and we all have a lot to think about.  Hanging tight for the last 75 days in La Paz I'm keeping abreast of how socially we are healing as we try to do the right thing.   Its just about coming up on the start of my third month renting an apartment and I want to have a plan to move on.  But as we all see, its getting harder to make plans its like we are all living day to day on how to move safely forward. 

             Although.  I have a pretty sweet deal here in La Paz it's not part of the big picture I was planning on.  Currently BCS (Baja's southern state) has put beer back on the shelves (thank gawd!) and opened the economy to 30%.  In La Paz that means restaurants, hotels, stores, beaches, malecon cafes and stalls are starting to accommodate the general public. 
     On the other hand just south Todo Santos, parts of East Cape and Cobo Pulmo as well as the northern state to Tijuana's border are closed.  Travel is still clamped down on the international borders and we are still in essential travel mode for yet another month.  Reports of flights across borders are to be met with a 14 day quarantine.  Now the EU is banning flights from the US to the uncertainty that makes getting back to any level of normalcy further out of reach.  We don't want to get infected we don't want to infect anyone around us but we still struggle with what we have known for so long, to make a plan and carry it out, not so much the case anymore.

   I'm not here to say who is right and who is wrong its up to each and everyone of us to make a difference to reach out to those around us who have fallen.  Helping anyway you can, too walk together beyond differences.  Kindness is as simple as a smile (hard to notice when you have a face mask on), body language or just voicing to a stranger "hey hows your day going" (that last one could be a loaded question!).  I'm about 45 days away from my visa running out so I know I have to make a decision based on what is written on my passport.  If push comes to shove I could request a extension but not without uncertainty and bureaucracy.
   So while I'm here trying to figure out the direction my plan is going to take me.  I have taken advantage of the open beaches, going on 4wd back country day sorties, baking goodies for me and my neighbors, borrowing a bike, taking walks and even eating in a restaurant.
     Once I start to point north I feel it will signal my commitment on essential travel heading to the US border.

Hope to see you on the Trail!!..
🚙.......

"Don't know where I'm going.....  to a world that waits for me!"