Design flaws and set backs..... Scratching my head on this one!

 Rough and Ready

       I must say that the rig is coming along very nicely, all things considered.  With only a couple of mods left to do, the even larger task is still at hand.  Loading us, our gear and food into the Land Cruiser.  Our kitt is not without some design flaws, but with the willingness to change gears and being flexible we should not encounter catastrophic melt down because of it.  With the roof top tent attached, and most all mods done we are now in the phase of getting our gear in its resting place, with some minor changes it should all go in smooth and fit somewhat like a glove.   Speaking of gloves, yes we do have a pair of welding gloves for around the fire and dutch oven cooking, (dutch oven another story)...

Everything Orange
iKamper getting Jiggy
Cruiser Rooftop Cool

   One of the biggest hurdles, is noise.  The noise that the wind makes as it passes along the exterior surface of the additions to the rig. Particularly the cross bars in which the roof top tent sits on,
they howl in the wind.  More like scream as I do 60 mph on the freeway, this single one thing has been the most disturbing, loosing sleep, hours of doing and undoing mods trying to get a foothold about this very loud problem.  I'll say it, I went cheap on the cross bars, I got the standard roof bars and not the aero-wing bar $200 vs $270. both are rated for 100kgs.  Square vs Aero-wing design, paying for it. Lost hours of sleep, that nerve wrenching high pitch sound while driving down the road.  My latest attempt to stop the shrill is to wrap the bars in a foam (like a swimming noodle) to change the aerodynamic shape, so far it has some success. Working out the kinks before we head down the road....
 
Lights, Action, .....





March is closing fast and we are itching to take off!  


🚙.......

Update; 3/16/2018
Since I last left you I was convinced it was my cross bars making that nerve racking screaming sound.  But guess what that's not the case!  After more testing and more frustrating driving at 60mph plus, I started to play it all back in my head.  you see it wasn't the cross bars at all, ever. It was the front light bar on top of the bull bar.  Closer inspection led me to suspect the light bar.  I had installed it upside down, and for that it sang with all of its heart a very loud whistling tune, but No more..... Bastard!! 
affected area...