Manzanillo to Bucerias, Mexico Sur

Tecoman on the way to Manzanillo

           It's about 375km to Manzanillo and I'm driving west on MEX200 along the Pacific coast.  The roads scenic path twists and turns with stretches of straightaways for passing or be passed.  A country landscape against the rugged coast with horses, cattle, goats and beautiful skies.  Driving into the tidy little town of  Manzanillo I followed the signs to zona historica.  Landing at the waterfront I parked in the shade and took to the malecon

waterfront Manzanillo

Walking around I enjoyed the maritime atmosphere looking out at the ships in the ready position.  After a lazy lunch I found a Banco Azteca and exchanged some US$ for pesos$ a few steps from the ice cream place where I exchanged some pesos for some creamy icy cold goodness!! Hitting up the local supermarket I stocked-up on provisions, fueled up and headed west looking for camping along the coast.
waterfront harbor Manzanillo

  The public parking lots adjacent to the beaches are open 24/7 to parking or camping.  I found a great spot against some coconut trees and popped my RTT for the night.  Waking in the morning I made coffee, enjoyed the playa view and took a regadera $10 pesos at the public sanitarios just a door down from camp.  It was another spectacular day sunny and breezy as I headed out on MEX200 going west.

Top; morning beach view Manzanillo   bottom; wild beach camp Manzanillo
     Taking my time driving on MEX200 there is a lot to see. A bunch of tiny little villages all contributing to the surrounding area.  As I passed Cihuatlan and San Patricio on the other side is La Manzanilla a little village nestled on the coast.   Pulling into this little picturesque village I was thinking of camping.
top beach at La Manzanilla  bottom brekkie at beach camp La Manzanilla

Looking for camping I turned on Sendero a Boca de Iguanas a trail that follows the coast around a fresh water swampy bog with signage saying watch out for crocs.  Further I went along this trail the options for camping increased, I picked a small hacienda that had a sign for beach camping.  I leveled my rig in the sand popped my RTT and made camp.  The beach was beautiful and empty the water was clear blue with a small perch of mountains in the background simply put "lovely".

my good buddy and camping guru




 My camp mate was the household dog who came by for a sniff, some pets and a snooze while I hung out reading and getting some beach time.  I camped here for two nights before pushing on to Puerto Vallarta 225km west on MEX200.



top; coast south of PV   bottom; cliffs going into PV
   MEX200 starts to head away from the coast and into a tropical jungle about 20km inland as you drive the winding path with the lush green scenery is also amazing.  This stretch of road had very few gas stops so it is wise to fill up before pushing on.
cliffs at PV
 About 6 hours later after driving through some beautiful areas I entered PV from the south along the cliffs.  Just like any tourist town PV was no different with tons of traffic, buses and taxis weaving in and out, while tourist crowd the malecon.  Driving through PV was nice, knowing that I was just passing through.
top; Monkeys house  middle; wild camp  bottom; Bucerias beach
    About 25km from PV is a little coastal town called Bucerias, small and built up Bucerias is home to many expats with some uncrowded narrow beaches.  The main square was small but very busy as it is the entrance to the village market place and restaurant row.  I parked in town on a sandy wash out just steps from the beach and popped my RTT making this home for two nights.   
 
free diving monument Bucerias


Tacos Al Pastor and some very tasty fish & chips was the highlight of my stay throw in a couple of hikes up and down the beach and around town makes Bucerias a very pleasant spot.

Tiny coffee house Bucerias







Jumping back on MEX200 I was headed back to a old camp spot in Tepic before heading to Mazatlan.

Hope to see you on the Trail!!..
 ðŸš™......