San Juanito, Mexico to the USA border

San Juanito wet and cold

    I can't believe it's been 6 months and my tourist visa is coming to a end.  I'm headed for the border exiting Mexico through Ojinaga, Chihuahua and entering the town of Presido, Texas USA.  On my way to San Juanito for some provisions, fuel and a bite to eat before making my last push through Mexico.  Pulling into San Juanito from Dead Guy Camp (Dec. 07 post) a cold rain was falling and thick clouds covered the sky.  

pulling into San Juanito
A busy little ranching town filled with overloaded logging trucks rolling coal down the potholed streets.  I stopped at the local taqueria for yeah, you know it, tacos Carnitas, muy fregon!!.  
slipping and sliding mud fest
With the rain still coming down I headed out of town on CHIH25.  My turn off was just past the RR tracks a water-logged muddy road cutting through the state of Chihuahua, north to the US border. 
heading north from San Juanito
pristine countryside
shallow water crossing

muddy water crossing
     The track was wet sloppy and filled with rutted muddy water crossings, green lush countrysides farmlands and forested clearings.  The scenery was wonderful even when the sun came in and out, this track did not disappoint.
green meadow Bajio de Sasaguiachic
keepin an eye on the almost invisible trail- green meadow Bajio de Sasaguiachic
local farm house
logs on the side of the track ready to be loaded
irrigation pond
 happy muddy cruiser
      Slowly navigating through this neck of the woods I was bummed that my visa was running out in just a few short days.  After a full day of muddy travel I pulled into Hotel Allende in Ciudad Ciauhtemoc a large city with all the modern amenities.
Hotel Allende morning coffee & route planning, Ciauhtemoc
    Here I would re-group for a couple of days before making the last push to the US border.  About 80km from Ciudad Chihuahua I was determined to get the last bit of adventure before making the border crossing in Ojinaga at least 270km to the north. 
lunch on the road to Presa Madero
    Heading south on MEX24 I was looking for state road 22 a turn off to Presa Madero reservoir where it looked like a bunch of cool 4wd tracks.  Even-though most all the tracks had gates and were closed the drive was as scenic as ever.  Perched above the trail on a spot for lunch was fantastic while watching huge clouds run past the sky.
Presa Madero, Rosales, campground, reservoir, tour boat bone yard dry spillway, hydroelectric dam
    Camping in Rosales at the foot of the reservoir's damn was such a bonus, sites with lights and electricity (if you have a extension cord long enough) were at no charge.  From there I traveled through little farm towns and villages making my way north on CHIH67 to Ojinaga and the USA border.
taking the levee trail
local crop dusters Santo NINO
Tacos Carnitas Mexicana, Delicas
driving on CHIH67 to Ojinaga  and the US border beyond distant mountains
     Landing in Ojinaga I was looking for a clean cheap hotel and a place to eat some of Ojinaga's finest tacos Carnitas after-all it was my last night in Mexico.  In the morning I woke to a flat tire, ARGH!! (the only one during my whole trip) before making the more than slightly stressful 2.5 hr border crossing into Presido, Texas in the good ole USofA.
6 months of way points traveling through Baja and Mexico
   This post concludes my series of Mexico 2019.  It was one of the most amazing epic trips to date, exploring day by day while overlanding for 6 months mostly solo.  I can only say that the Mexican people, culture, food and destinations will keep me coming back for more.  Not only was my trip filled with adventure of a lifetime and exciting remote foreign travel my Toyota Land Cruiser 100 series preformed flawlessly through a rugged and sometime unknown environment.  My next overland trip is to do some 4wheeling in the USA, hanging with family for the Christmas Holidays, before heading back to Mexico in the new year 2020, exploring the Yucatan Peninsula and beyond.
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!..... Safe Travels!..... from team WeOverlander

Cheers and Safe Travels!!
Thanks for following along and as always,
Hope to see you on the Trail!!..
🚙.....