Land Cruiser Heritage Museum, Cruiser Fest 2021

     "The mission of the Land Cruiser Heritage Museum is to preserve and celebrate the history of the Toyota Land Cruiser, and to inspire adventure."  Precisely why I drive a branded iconic Toyota Land Cruiser and why I'm here at the Land Cruiser Heritage Museum's grand re-opening of their new location,  476 W 600 N, Salt Lake City, UT 84101

    I have been a long time fan of this amazing machine, now in my fourth year as a full-time solo remote traveler,  I'm amazed each and every time I get in and turn the key to another adventure surrounded by such heritage.  The new digs of the LCHM is laid out in a old machinery warehouse building with lots of steel, bricks, metal chains and of course tons of Land Cruisers of every color, series and year.  I was on my two month Summer Expedition (see previous post 12.14.21 Summer Expedition into Colorado, 2021 series) when I came to visit this incredible place.

    When I first arrived in Salt Lake City the LCHM was closed and I found out that they were in process of moving to their new location, Holy Heck in a lot of different ways.  Dang I missed it!   Inquiring further I was told that not only a grand re-opening was in store but Cruiser Fest 2021 was going to share the same date so you know I had to come back, that was August 18, 2021.  September 11, 2021 was the day I returned for the this grandiose re-opening of the LCHM and Cruiser Fest 2021.  What did I do in the mean time I drove my kitted 1999 TLC 100 series exploring, overlanding and cruising some of the nations top National Parks, Forests, Grasslands, mountains and off-road tracks through Utah, Idaho, Wyoming, South Dakota, Nebraska, Colorado and back to Utah. 

       A Land Cruiser enthusiast knows the meaning of a Land Cruiser, so I wont go through what makes Toyota's longest running brand so special or why in the states we can't get some of the most coveted models, (Troopy).  If you don't, you need to come and see for yourself.  I guarantee that you will understand the build-quality the utility and the sheer joy that these machines give you when you get behind the wheel or gaze at their lines of heritage and engineering. 

   Now everyone likes to kit their rig the way that suits their driving standard.  Mine is kitted for long and rugged overlanding touring in remote areas, others are more into lifted long travel rock crawling, others are for cool aggressive looks with function, some are chopped and stretched and of course bone stock.  Anyway you choose the TLC is a fantastic machine that delivers unsurpassed engineering, dependability and capable function like no other of a production four-wheel drive SUV right out of the box.

      So I won't bore you with anymore words.  I'll let the pics of this event do what tic's all the boxes for us Toyota Land Cruiser enthusiasts, I'll even throw in some snaps of my rig (the dirty one) in different locations for the sake of adventure.


 

Hope to see you on the Trail!!..

🚙.........